What inspired you to join/start your business?
I was in between jobs. What we do for our clients is incredibly rewarding. We create business partnerships with our clients and they become long term relationships. We have clients that we have been working with for 15 years. That is a testament to the work we do, the value we add, and trust we build.
What challenges have you faced as a woman entrepreneur and how did you overcome them?
I don't know that I am always taken seriously. I overcome these challenges by demonstrating my knowledge and experience.
What was your most satisfying moment in your career?
Creating opportunities for others and creating success stories for my clients.
How do you define success?
Financial health and insight to running an organization.
What’s the best piece of career advice you’ve ever received?
If you build this business within another organization and it doesn't work, do you want to do it again for yourself?
What women inspire you and why?
Eleanor Roosevelt, Maya Anjalou, and the many smart and strong women I get to work with on a regular basis.
What advice would you give to other women entrepreneurs?
Be brave, be strong, and be yourself.
Describe yourself in three words.
Smart, Strong, and Thougtful
Fill in the Blank:
- When I face a challenge, I... figure out how to overcome it.
- If I could go back in time, I would tell myself… trust in yourself more.
- The one thing I couldn’t live without is… my children - they keep my humble every day
- By this time next year, I will be… growing my business and focusing my efforts on business development and people investment.
- The best thing that happened to me last week was… I signed another client engagement letter and increased our scope of services with another one.
- To get my creative juices flowing, I… go for a run.