July 12 – 23, 2021
Closed for 2021
The Institute will be a hybrid program, which will
take place both online and in-person on different days.
- Applicants must teach grades 6 through 12.
- All applicants must teach at a South Jersey-based school located in Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, Salem, Cumberland, Atlantic or Cape May Counties
- Attendance of the entire two week course is mandatory. The program will be online and in-person from 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Applicants must complete their team projects, including developing creative learning activities for the classroom based on course content.
- A letter of recommendation from school principal on official school letterhead must accompany the online application. Mailing directions can be found on the online application.
- If you are not comfortable traveling in a group, or visiting different locations, please do not apply.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required in order to participate.
Selection will be conducted by the Summer Institute Selection Committee, with criteria focusing on:
- Demonstrated leadership and involvement in education
- Qualifications and level of interest in course content
- Ability and willingness to assist as a resource person for course follow-up
A diverse mix of educators will be selected and notified no later than Friday, June 4, 2021.
2021 Application Period:
April 5 - May 28, 2021
Follow Us on Social Media
Summer Institute Videos
Coperion K-Tron, Inc.
Campbell Soup Company
The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
Lockheed Martin MS2
Mannington Mills, Inc.
New Jersey American Water
NJM Insurance Group
Paulsboro Refining Company LLC
PSEG Nuclear LLC
Radwell International, Inc.
Rizzieri Aveda School
Rowan University – Rohrer College of Business
South Jersey Gas
Subaru of America, Inc.