What inspired you to join/start your business?
I was inspired to begin my business after my father suddenly went onto Glory and I began to think about my legacy and what impact I wanted to leave on the world.
I serve Womenpreneurs and Women in Business because I have an intimate understanding of the hurdles we encounter along the road of authenticity in business.
What challenges have you faced as a woman entrepreneur and how did you overcome them?
It has been most difficult unlearning the behaviors we all learn when entering business. We are taught there is a way to show up in our marketplaces and I had to grant myself the grace to just show up as myself in every way possible.
What was your most satisfying moment in your career?
My most satisfying moment was when I was able to make my first full-time hire.
How do you define success?
I define success as being a feeling of pure peace and content with what I am doing to impact others.
What’s the best piece of career advice you’ve ever received?
You can ONLY be You!
What women inspire you and why?
I am very inspired by women who are not afraid to push limits and take risk.
What advice would you give to other women entrepreneurs?
Every single day, show up. Show up for yourself, show up for your family, and show up for your clients/customers.
Describe yourself in three words.
Bold, Vibrant, and Tenacious
Fill in the Blank:
- When I face a challenge, I... take it head on!
- If I could go back in time, I would tell myself… Step out on faith, it is going to pay off!
- The one thing I couldn’t live without is… my Husband.
- By this time next year, I will be… employing more women full-time to collaborate with me.
- The best thing that happened to me last week was… making some time to get outside and take in the warm weather.
- To get my creative juices flowing, I… listen to old school r&b music.