What inspired you to join/start your business?
I have an entrepreneurial spirit, and wanted to develop a portfolio of streamlined products & services that are valuable.
What challenges have you faced as a woman entrepreneur and how did you overcome them?
Determining my own worth as a female business owner, and allowing logic to rule over emotion.
What was your most satisfying moment in your career?
Campana & Associates is a relatively new endeavor, but there have been many great moments. One of the most amazing things that I have experienced thus far is how much others are willing step up to help me. The amount of support that I have received with my new business is truly incredible, and I intend to remain engaged and pay it forward.
How do you define success?
Developing relationships/partnerships where I provide a valuable solution, and there is a high level of respect for one another.
What’s the best piece of career advice you’ve ever received?
Surround yourself with trustworthy people.
What women inspire you and why?
There are several, but the most inspirational woman was my mother. She was a mother of three, full time Registered Nurse, and the President of the PTA while I was in elementary school. She was a forward thinker, avid reader, and strongly believed that education was the cornerstone of a successful future. My mother exemplified the importance of reaching outside of your immediate world to engage with others. She was involved with Head Start, a program geared toward helping underprivileged preschool children. The focus was to address the health, nutritional, and emotional needs of these children in the interest of breaking the cycle of poverty in the community.
What advice would you give to other women entrepreneurs?
Trust your instincts--they are reliable!
Describe yourself in three words.
Tenacious, Authentic, Hardworking
Fill in the Blank:
- When I face a challenge, I... Strategize with my mentors to work through the challenge.
- If I could go back in time, I would tell myself… Be patient, and have faith!
- The one thing I couldn’t live without is… Wine (haha)! Seriously, my business mentors. Their guidance is of primary importance.
- By this time next year, I will be… More technologically adept.
- The best thing that happened to me last week was… The products in my portfolio were added to a CoOP!!
- To get my creative juices flowing, I… Brainstorm.