What inspired you to join/start your business?
My husband began with Huntington a number of years before me. We have always been passionate about education. It is not often you can combine a passion with a work opportunity. At Huntington Learning Center, we have a basic mission statement that "every student deserves the best education possible".
Huntington Learning Center provides every student with individualized tutoring from certified teachers to fit their unique strengths, schedules and academic goals. Our programs are flexible to meet scheduling needs and are affordable for every budget.
What challenges have you faced as a woman entrepreneur and how did you overcome them?
The business world has always been dominated by men. As such, I have had to work harder and more professional to show that I know what I am talking about and that our opinion matters. It has always been a personal challenge for me to level the playing field.
What was your most satisfying moment in your career?
When we have students come back to us and tell us that coming to Huntington Learning Center was the best thing their parents could have ever done for them
How do you define success?
Being able to come to work every day, knowing you have made a difference in a young peoples' lives..
What’s the best piece of career advice you’ve ever received?
- Never ask someone to do a job you are not willing to do.
- And, always answer the phone with a smile on your face; it shows you care.
What women inspire you and why?
So many...Golda Meir, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Michelle Obama to name a few. They were not afraid to stand up for what they believe in and fight for the right for their voice, and for the people and caused they stood for, to be heard.
What advice would you give to other women entrepreneurs?
Don't be afraid to work for what you believe in. If you work hard, others will too.
Describe yourself in three words.
Hardworking, Motivated, Stubborn
Fill in the Blank:
- When I face a challenge, I... face it head on and try to figure out how to accomplish my goals.
- If I could go back in time, I would tell myself… don't give up on clarinet lessons.
- The one thing I couldn’t live without is… my family, they make it all worth while.
- By this time next year, I will be… less worried about COVID.
- The best thing that happened to me last week was… spending time with my granddaughter.
- To get my creative juices flowing, I… brainstorm with people I admire.